I discovered yesterday that I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by A Girl in Winter. Thank you so much. It is much appreciated and very unexpected.
The rules of the award are:
- Thank the person who gave you this award;
- Include a link to their blog;
- Next, select 15 bloggers that you follow regularly or have recently discovered;
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile blogger-award;
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
Flossie Teacakes - she sews, quilts and creates patterns.She has inspired me to try making the Collette Beignet skirt, her version looks so elegant.
What's Up Cupcake - truly inspiring - she dances, plays the piano accordion, knits, crochets, sews and bakes the most delicious looking cakes. I am very jealous of her fabulous handmade wardrobe.
Rhymes with Magic - like me Heather is a Librarian. She is also an artist turning unwanted books into jewellery and sculptures. She also crochets and paints in watercolours.
Christen's Creations - Christen is an artist, designer, crafter and poet. She collects all sorts of treasures such as buttons, ribbons and fabric scraps and turns them into beautiful jewellery.
5 Precious Things - Ruthie is an artist, illustrator, sculptor and crafter. Her blog is full of beautiful images. She draws on the Scottish scenery around her home for inspiration.
Joanna's Blog - Joanna lives in Australia and produces the most amazing jewellery using bead needle weaving and bead embroidery.
Purple podded Peas - Celia hart is a designer, illustrator and printmaker. She also blogs about her beautiful garden
Bead Origami - Cindy Holsclaw is a jewellery designer and bead weaver and she also does origami. Her beautiful designs are based on geometry.
Patty the Snug Bug - Patty shows off her great sense of style on her blog and has created a beautiful wardrobe of handmade clothes. She has created very detailed and helpful sewing tutorials, she also knits.
Yes, I like that - sewing, art and design from a London based blogger. Beautiful sewing projects.
Non-plot Blog/Plot 50 - adventures in gardening and photography.
Did you make that? - inspirational knitting, sewing and crochet blog. Check out her beautiful vesrion of Colette's Sorbetto.
Beadizzy - Valerie uses beads, hand dyed threads and ribbons to create beautiful unique jewellery.
Moonlight and Hares - Alison is an artist, illustrator and woodcrafter. Her blog is full of stunning images of work and things that inspire her.
This is My Patch - not a needlecraft blog but contains glorious photos of gardening adventures. The images are a constant source of inspiration for me.
And finally 7 things about me (I really struggled with this one!)-
- When I was 9 years old I won a poetry competition. My poem was judged the best entry from the primary schools in my home city of Plymouth, in the 9 - 11 age group. My prize was a sewing box.
- I love bluegrass and Appalachian music. Gillian Welch singing 'I am not afraid to die' always brings a lump to my throat.
- I am addicted to chocolate in all of its forms, but my absolute favourite has to be Green and Black's Maya Gold.
- My favourite film is 'Harvey'. (I think it would be great fun to have a 6ft 2 white rabbit as a friend!)
- I suffer from claustrophobia. One of the worst experiences of my life was having an MRI scan in hospital recently. Sliding into that narrow metal tube was a total nightmare!
- I studied French language and literature as part of my degree. I used to be a huge fan of the French film director Francois Truffaut.
- I hold Level 1, Level 2, Level 2 Advanced and NCFE Level 3 certificates in Bead Needle Weaving. (That probably sounds like I am showing off but, by this point I had run out of things to say about myself!)