Friday 11 June 2010

Beads, beads and more beads...



After many hours of work my Art Deco bag is almost finished. It hasn't turned out exactly as I would like but it is really good to finally have it done so that I can move onto other things. The only thing left to be done is to embellish the handle with a strip of beadwork and its complete.





Also on the subject of beads my beading class took part in the Christchurch Community Festival during the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of May. It was a bit disappointing I have to say as of course it poured with rain and as a result we did not have many visitors. We did manage to sell one pair of earrings but otherwise it was very quiet. We had all made jewellery on the theme of spirals and there were some really lovely pieces on display. I had two items for sale - my 'Spring Bracelet' and my 'Purple Passion' necklace.








This weekend I will be doing more beading as I need to get everything finished for our Textile Kaleidoscope exhibition at the end of July.

No comments: