Saturday 2 July 2011

Shopping

Just a short update. Quite a lot has happened since my last post. I have been struggling a bit with my arthritis, but happily that seems to be improving at the moment. I have also been experimenting with my sewing and beading. I am not ready to share at the moment, perhaps in future posts.

This was a short week for me as I had annual leave from work on Thursday and Friday. Thursday was spent in London. While I was there I visited VV Rouleaux near Sloane Square. I must admit that I was completely overwhelmed by the range of ribbons, braids and other lovely things. I bought some pieces of ribbon plus a vintage butterfly clip, a carved bone pendant and some turk's head knots made from strips of leather. In fact while we were in the shop one of the staff was giving a customer a masterclass in tying the knots. I found it fascinating. They have a really good web site but there is no substitute for actually visiting the shop. If you are ever in the Sloane Square/Kings Road area of London I would highly recommend it.

Friday began with another visit to Poole Hospital Physiotherapy Unit. The latest course of treatment has meant attending once a week for the last 6 weeks. The good news is that I have been discharged for the time being. I have nothing but praise for the staff there but I was very glad to leave on Friday morning. Unfortunately I doubt that is the last time that I will see them.

Finally this afternoon saw a shopping trip with a difference. Those of you who read my blog regularly will know that shopping is normally one of my least favourite activities. However this trip was very exciting. This is what we bought.


A shiny, Lightening Blue, almost new (the word used by the Mini dealership is 'Cherished'), Mini Cooper. We are due to collect it next Saturday. We have managed for a long time without a car. However, the time finally has come to change that. It will give us more independence, make it easier for my OH to go to the allotment and for us to visit my family in Devon.

No comments: