Thursday 15 April 2010

A Host of Golden Daffodils






I simply had to post these pictures, taken on my journey to work yesterday morning. After the coldest Winter in the UK for over 40 years Spring is finally here. Everything is flowering about 5 weeks later than normal and the Gardens in the centre of Bournemouth are looking spectacular.


I have been temporarily distracted from my beading by my OH's request for some red socks. This is the first pattern that I have made up as I go along. It is knitted from the toe up and is based on the Lifestyle Toe-up Sock recipe by Charissa Martin Cairn on Ravelry. I have also incorporated Evelyn A. Clark's gusset heel and her instructions for the stretchy Russian bind-off. I just cast on and improvised. It did mean that I had to rip the first sock back three times to get it right but I am very pleased with the result.





I have also completed a Haruni shawl by Emily Ross. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it on Ravelry and had to make one. It was my first complex lace pattern and I learnt so much from it. I now feel that I could tackle most lace knitting with full confidence. I have worn it to work several times and absolutely love it. Perfect for this time of year when you need something cosy around your shoulders but don't want to wear a sweater.


No comments: