Sunday 29 April 2012

Brockenhurst



I had intended to update my blog at least once a week, but as usual real life intervened. We unfortunately had a family bereavement. Then I had an arthritis flare-up, possibly as a reaction to stress. So a few weeks have passed since my last post. I haven't done much sewing, knitting or beading, as the pain has made it difficult to sit for any length of time. However I have been gathering ideas and planning projects.

This Saturday we took a drive into the New Forest. Every April the New Forest Needlework Fiesta is held in Brockenhurst in the New Forest National Park. I haven't been to it for three years so OH kindly offered to take me to Brockenhurst, despite heavy rain and gale force winds.


The show is mainly aimed at embroiderers, which I am not, but it usually has at least one bead supplier exhibiting. We got to Brockenhusrt Village Hall around midday. It was busy but thankfully not too crowded.



There were lots of threads and fabric paints for sale. The clours were stunning.






And of course there was a bead stall. The lovely Fran from Crumpets Farm was selling gorgeous seed beads and Swarovski crystals.


I bought some ribbons and threads and one pack of beads. I will explain more about my plans for using them in my next blog entry.

Horses and cattle roam freely in the New Forest and OH spotted these cattle going for a stroll through the centre of Brockenhurst. Many people have installed cattle grids at the entrance to their driveways in a bid to protect their gardens.


We had a good day despite the appalling weather. I am hoping that I will be able to create some jewellery with my purchases. More details in my next post.

No comments: