Tuesday 10 April 2012

Sew!


One of the joys of living by the sea is seeing it out of season. I particularly like going for a walk along the seafront on a cool blustery day!




As discussed in my other blog 'Arthropy' I have got into a bit of a rut, clothes wise recently. To try to boost my confidence I have been doing some sewing. I have found it almost impossible to find anything that I like (and can afford) in the shops. So as I have over 40 years of sewing experience it seems the obvious answer.


Encouraged by OH and two lovely friends I have dusted off my sewing machine. I have had the following pattern in my stash for quite a few years. I have looked it up on Pattern Review and it gets some good reviews.


I am an hourglass shape so Full Bust Adjustments are normally a necessity. I have never done an FBA on a princess seam garment before, so this has been a learning curve. I found a really good tutorial online at Sew, Mama, Sew!


I am going to make a muslin from some dark blue polycotton from my very small fabric stash. I will let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

agirlinwinter said...

Yay! The blouse is going to look great on you :-)

Chrissy said...

I can't wait to see how it works out. I am so envious of real seamstresses as I am a long way off ever being one. I too am an hourglass so I look forward to seeing how a FBA should look.